We advise employers, contractors and consultants on disputes arising from construction projects, including:
- Defects and poor workmanship.
- Claims for additional cost or extensions of time.
- Claims for damages arising from delays.
- Over-certification of project costs.
- Negligent design.
- Enforcing adjudicator’s decisions.
We are experienced in all forms of construction litigation, including proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and adjudications under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, as well as more informal methods such as mediations, conciliations and joint expert determinations.
The experience of our Partners in this area includes:
- Acting for a Passenger Transport Authority in relation to a multi-million pound claim arising from an extension to local rail infrastructure.
- Acting for a PLC engineering company in multiple adjudications arising out of a major refinery construction contract.
- Acting for a sub-contractor in an ICC arbitration against a Belgian main contractor in disputes arising out of the construction of a new nuclear plant in the UK.
- Representing a national construction company in an adjudication involving a development at an airport.
- Advising a care home group in relation to a dispute with a building contractor.
- Representing an employer in an adjudication against a construction company over defects in a £1.4m housing development.
- Advising a national hotel group in relation to financial loss resulting from delays caused by a sub-contractor.
Please contact us for more information.