We have a reputation for being technically excellent and efficient resolvers of commercial disputes. We always strive to achieve a commercially focussed outcome for clients. We recognise that generally starts with trying to achieve a consensual resolution. Where that is not possible we are combative litigators with a track record of achieving consistently excellent results.
Our expertise extends to all forms of dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication, arbitration and court proceedings. We routinely advise on contractual and tortious disputes including:
- Contracts for the sale or supply of goods or services.
- Advising in relation to claims arising out of the Commercial Agents Regulations.
- Acting for employers and employees in relation to restrictive covenants in employment contracts, including issuing and defending injunction proceedings.
- Breaches of confidentiality.
- Acting for both vendors and purchasers on warranty-related claims arising out of corporate sale and purchase agreements.
- Conspiracy and the procurement of breaches of contract by third parties.
- Copyright infringement.
- Public law.
- Disputes relating to terms of business and connected issues such as misrepresentation and penalty clauses.
The experience of our Partners in this area includes:
- Acting for a Fortune 500 Company in relation to the supply of cooling towers to an Indian customer under a call off arrangement. The towers were destroyed in a typhoon in the Indian Ocean and the dispute centred on who bore the loss.
- Advising a national paint retailer in relation to force majeure, resulting from a lack of female lac bugs to create the shellac resin required for a product.
- Advising suppliers and purchasers in relation to Sale of Goods legislation.
- Acting in various commercial agent compensation claims.
- Acting for a manufacturer of aircraft parts in relation to monies payable for metal linked to two London metal exchange indices and reconciling the intention of the parties when the two indices achieved different results.
- Acting on various breaches of warranty claims under SPA’s both in relation to asset purchases and share sales.
- Extensive experience of obtaining injunctive relief in relation to threatened or actual breach of restrictive covenants by employee’s.
Please contact us for more information.