We have considerable expertise in both pursuing and defending claims with a fraud element, including:
- Claims for dishonesty, deceit and secret profits.
- Breach of fiduciary duty.
- Unjust enrichment, knowing receipt and dishonest assistance.
- Freezing injunctions and search orders.
- Asset tracing.
- Internal investigations into fraud, corruption or misconduct.
Where the court grants a party the right to search the business premises or residence of an alleged fraudster, it will first require the appointment of a wholly independent Supervising Solicitor. The role of the Supervising Solicitor is to attend at and observe the search, ensure it is carried our appropriately and report back to the court on the conduct of the search generally.
We are one of the few law firms in the North East, and indeed the country, which can provide the services of a Supervising Solicitor.
Please contact us for more information.