Skip to main content

Professional negligence

We will pursue your advisors for you if they let you down.

If you have suffered due to unsatisfactory or inadequate professional advice or work you may be entitled to bring a claim for professional negligence against that party.  Most regulated professionals carry indemnity insurance to protect themselves against such claims.  This insurance will generally survive the insolvency or bankruptcy of the negligent party.  We can engage with these insurers with a view to extracting an acceptable level of compensation for you.  Where matters are contested, we can seek redress via the courts.

We provide expert advice and representation in relation to claims against:

  • Accountants.
  • Architects.
  • Barristers.
  • Building contractors.
  • Engineers.
  • Financial advisers.
  • Insurance brokers.
  • Solicitors.
  • Surveyors.
  • Tax advisors.

The experience of our Partners in this area includes a claim against:

  • A property solicitor for negligent advice concerning the repairing liability of their client under the terms of a commercial lease.
  • A firm of chartered accountants for negligent tax advice to a company dating back several years.

Please contact us for more information.